Let’s turn the world right side up.
“If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back, and get it right side up again!” -Sojourner Truth
No one needs to be oppressed for you to live a good life.
7 Ways to Stay Optimistic (and care for your Human Self) so you can Advocate for and Create Change
- Plant seeds and pull weeds. Gardens take time to cultivate and grow. For the figurative and literal gardens in your life, adopt an attitude of patience, attention, and the idea that many small actions will lead to a beautiful, bountiful harvest.
- Do not despair. Hopeless is just one view of your life or the future. It isn’t the only view and might actually be a false prediction that your mind is creating of how things will turn out.
- When you feel tired, rest.
- Tend to your needs. Of course, first you have to be aware of what your needs are, so take time to be self-reflective.
- Consume consciously & mindfully. If you watch all the ads, information, and stuff blaring out at your from media outlets, you’re going to feel unwell. Consciously take breaks from media, news, and consuming information on a regular basis. Its ok to know when you want to step away. The 24 news cycle and social media channels will still be there when you’re done with your break. Check out this post about taking a break from social media.
- Take breaks, of all kinds. Sometimes the best way to become aware of what something means to you is to take a break. There’s a reason that, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder,” is a popular adage. Take breaks from various things and elements of your life- you might realize that some of them are unnecessary and/or draining. Others will become clearly more important to you. This past year I’ve been taking a break from alcohol and its been very refreshing and illuminating.
- Know that you are loved. You are LOVED. If no one told you this today, it is still true. Although our world is more technologically connected than ever, for some people, this feels like the loneliest time. Whether or not you are surrounded by loved ones or yearning for it, you are loved. If you have breath in your chest and a beat to your heart, there is love on this planet, for you. Let yourself know this and accept it. If you are going through a period where it is hard to love yourself, let yourself be loved by me and others. There are many recordings, videos, affirmations that can bring you into the love state. Be kind to yourself.
Three other fun ways to support yourself, bring in more of your presence into your life, and expand your happiness are these:
1. Soon I’ll be sharing a Manifesting From Where You are Right Now Journey. Its free to begin and I’ll be sharing more details coming via email soon! Get my freebie downloads and updates when this releases here.
2. You can sign up for Nourish your Soul with Nature to tap into more calm, grounded self-love while sitting in nature. Nourish your Soul current participants are raving about the emotions and experiences they are opening up to that are feeding their need for peace, beauty, and happiness. You can sign-up here.
3. You can get custom, individual support from me 1-to-1. The call is free to talk about your goals and a plan to make them happen. Sign up for a call here.